Surrounded by beautiful Aravalli hills, Udaipur will throw all the royalty right on your face. It has lakes, hills, history, and palaces. You can learn about your history and can feel proud of them as well. While learning about royal rulers, you can also enjoy all the hospitality you can have, and don’t forget the great food. Here we are going to tell you how you can have a great trip to Udaipur.
The traveller who goes there first is likened to a man who begins his banquets with master-piece and is worried to find other dishes rather dull.Prince of Wales – 1921
The above quote by his majesty is true to its core, you cannot find a greater solace than Udaipur. It is calm, peaceful and royal. So below is our travel story, or you can say our Udaipur travel blog.
We visited Udaipur in Febuary 2019, we started from New Delhi via train through Chetak Express, there are two trains that runs from Delhi to udaipur, which are precisely Mewar and Chetak Express.
Hop into any one of it and enjoy your train travel, alternatively, you can board a flight as well.
As we were on budget and don’t want to spend much, we do not stay at very lavish hotels, but if you want to stay at one we suggest everyone for Udaivillas for its royalty and grandeur.
There are five lakes in Udaipur and Pichola is the most famous and the most crowded as well. Our Stay was facing Lake Fateh Sagar, you can have a room there for as low as 2k per night, and if you want to stay at a lake facing room be ready to shell around 4k per night. The food at the hotel was okayish but the sandwich on the “thela” just outside was awesome and so the “poha” for breakfast.
The “laal maas” is the specialty if you are into Non-Veg, it is a mutton stew with traditional Rajasthani spices. The dance of flavors in your mouth will make you cherish this food for decades. For Vegetarians, we have famous Daal Baati and unlimited thali options.
Our Itinerary for 4 days:
- Day 1:
- Arrive at the railway station in the morning, book a tuk-tuk to your hotel which is near Fateh Sagar.
- Settle yourself, have a good breakfast.
- Take a walk to sahelio ki bari from lake Fateh Sagar spend quality time there for around 2 hours. Don’t forget to click pictures here.
- Post saheli ki bari book a Uber for Krishna Daal Baati for the pure veg experience.
- Post afternoon leaves for City Palace and enjoys the Udaipur Royalty there which is near to the above-mentioned restaurant, this will take your entire day, and don’t forget to book your table for the Ambrai restaurant for dinner.
- Book an uber, come back by 11 pm change your clothes, go for a walk and sleep well with your soulmate.
- Day 2
- Leave for Kumbhalgarh via taxi early morning. Enjoy the fort there
- While coming backstop at Maharana Pratap Museum at haldighati.
- Do read about the battle of haldighati where Indian Royal Rajputs fought with Barbaric Mughals.
- Have dinner at a restaurant where folk dance is popular as the one in Lalit hotel, have laal maas.
- Book a scooter and come back home exploring local areas in the night, Udaipur is another level beautiful in the night.
- Day 3
- Wake up late, take rest and unwind yourself.
- Take a ride to ShilpGram
- After that have laal maas again somewhere else.
- In the evening go to the sajjangarh fort and enjoy the sunset there.
- Come back to lake Pichola, sit and enjoy the view.
- Have dinner in the jagmandir restaurant. It requires a pre-booking.
- Day 4
- Keeping it simple we will only go shopping today
- Catch the flight/train back to New Delhi
MEMORIES THAT YOU TAKE AWAY
A walk at midnight on the pavements of Fateh Sagar Lake, a cup of tea in the morning, visit city palace, Sahelio ki Bari and sunset at Sajjan Garh aka monsoon palace will make your trip worth a visit. In all, we will suggest you book a scooter for local exploration and car for outskirt, if you require a more detailed or customized solution like adding Chittorgarh/Jain Temple in this itinerary.
Let us know what you want to read more, unexplored places and restaurants or what you see on your search [tourist places in udaipur]. Stay in touch, do comments, and follow us on our social media handles. Till then enjoy the Udaipur Royalty by reading our content.